The Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3) provides a framework for organizations to assess and benchmark their current performance and effectively develop plans for improvement.
P3M3 allows an assessment of:
- the processes employed;
- the competencies of people;
- the tools deployed; and
- the quality of management information
used to manage and deliver improvements. This allows organizations to clearly identify their strengths and weaknesses in delivering change.
Our consultants have conducted P3M3 assessments for a number of Commonwealth and State government departments and are accredited to use the new set of AXELOS tools which streamline the assessment process for clients
Download our P3M3 whitepaper for a full explanation and indicative pricing.
Examples of the type of engagements we commonly perform are:
- Health checks of in-flight projects and programmes
- Providing assurance to project sponsors
- Post-implementation reviews
- Assessing organizational maturity in delivering projects and programs through P3M3® assessments.
- Developing capability improvement plans.
- Determining measures of progress and achievement.
- Advising on aspects of governance, benefits realisation or project management.
- Aligning initiatives with strategic goals. Preparation of Business Cases
- Establishing PMOs
- Writing organisation-specific guidelines or procedures and providing any necessary training.
- Mentoring project and program staff.
- Facilitating planning workshops.
By developing a Capability Improvement Plan, organisations can reduce the risk of projects failing to achieve their objectives. Effort is directed to improving performance in those areas which have proved problematical in the past. Through planned incremental changes, overall capability is improved. With this comes more consistent success in delivery of initiatives. Return on investment increases and predictability of outcomes is more assured.
Our consultants have assisted organisations develop Capability Improvement Plans based on an assessment of their historical performance and current practices.
We have management consultants available in Perth, Melbourne and Canberra. We provide services throughout Australia. There may be a small surcharge for services conducted outside the 3 base areas or in regional centres.