Project Consulting Services
We are experts in project management. We can help you improve your project performance and realise benefits from the investment. More importantly, when we walk away your staff will have the knowledge and skills to continue. Examples of the type of project consulting we commonly perform are:
- Health checks of in-flight projects and programmes.
- Providing assurance to project sponsors.
- Establishing PMOs.
- Writing organisation-specific guidelines or procedures and providing any necessary training.
- Post-implementation reviews so that benefits can be assessed.
- Developing capability improvement plans.
- Determining measures of progress and achievement.
- Advising on aspects of governance, benefits realisation or project management.
- Aligning initiatives with strategic goals. Preparation of Business Cases.
- Mentoring project and program staff.
- Facilitating planning workshops.
Our project consulting services extend to developing Capability Improvement Plans. Through this, organisations can reduce the risk of projects failing to achieve their objectives. We direct our efforts at improving your performance in those areas which have proved problematical in the past. We improve your overall capability through planned incremental changes. As a result you achieve more consistent success in delivering your initiatives. Consequently, return on investment increases and predictability of outcomes is more assured.
Our consultants have assisted organisations develop Capability Improvement Plans based on an assessment of their historical performance and current practices.
The Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3®) provides a framework for organizations to assess and benchmark their current performance and effectively develop plans for improvement.
P3M3 allows an assessment of:
- the processes employed;
- the competencies of people;
- the tools deployed; and
- the quality of management information.
Therefore organisations are able to more clearly identify their strengths and weaknesses in delivering change.
In the past, our consultants have conducted P3M3 assessments for a number of Commonwealth and State government departments. We are able to provide independent advice on the new set of AXELOS tools which streamline the assessment process for clients.
Download our P3M3 whitepaper for a full explanation.
We have management consultants available in Perth, Melbourne and Canberra. We provide services throughout Australia and a small surcharge is levied for services conducted outside the 3 base areas or in regional centres.